Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hello from Burkina Faso

All is well in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso! I am sitting in a little cibre cafe, which is an experience in and of itself, but I just wanted to let you all know that we are doing well and are so thankful for all your prayers back at home. It has been such a blessing to be here with the people here, to serve and to worship with them. One quick highlight so far was during Sunday nights worship servic. A woman sang It is Well With My Soul in Moore. It was amazingespecially knowing the life she has led! I have never met a more genuinely joyful group of people!

I am so blessed to be apart of such an incredible team. It is so evident why the Lord has each one of us here. We have had great times together so far full of laughter, worship, fellowship and serving. They are such an encouragement to me. On there behalf, thank you for all your prayers and support thus far!

Anyway, we would greatly appreciate your continued prayers for health and safety but also that Jesus would be glorified and that peoples hearts would be open to Him. Because the computers are so slow, I am going to say goodbye. I look forward to telling you stories and showing you pictures when I return. The Lord is good and He has continually proven that to us. Check out the Burkina Team blog linked to this my blog as well as Ryan McGuires blog, which is also linked to this blog for more updates. FYI: kids camp starts tomorrow. Yippee.

The Lord is working and doing incredible things in Burkina Faso. Give thanks to Him and continue to pray for these people.

Lots of love from Burkina!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Thanks for the update. We will continue to keep you in our prayers and look forward to stories and pictures when you get back.

Love you lots,
Jamie, Daniel-man, and Little John